3.03.2008

Photoshop Chopfest

Another weekend, another Photoshop contest.

Results from last week's contest: I received an "Honorable Mention", which I will add to my collection of Honorable Mentions. Woot.com offers free shipping to HM winners, but since I'm poor, I don't order anything from them with any frequency. If anyone wants to save $5 on a woot.com order, let me know.

This week's theme: "Refurbished Art": "Fix" a classic but "defective" piece of visual art.

My entries:
(And be sure to look at the original art to see the differences)




The Norman Rockwell series:

Thirst Conditions
(Based on Rockwell's "Traffic Conditions")
Thirst Conditions
(Click for full size)


"The Critic"
(Based on Rockwell's "The Connoisseur")
The Critic
(Click for full size)


Accurate Triple Self-Portrait
(Based on Rockwell's Triple Self-Portrait)
Accurate Triple Self-Portrait
(Click for full size)







100% Orange Juice
(Based on Rube Goldberg's Automatic Orange Juicer)
100% Orange Juice
(click for full size)


Nighthawks and Webslingers
(Based on Edward Hopper's Nighthawks)
Nighthawks and Webslingers
(Click for full size)



[I better not have any copyright issues this week. Unless I get a letter from Norman Rockwell himself, I'll be really pissed if my images get deleted.]






3 comments:

Michael NightTime said...

well done this week. I'm impressed. your chops are growing noticeably.

Surei said...

Agreed. With the exception of Nighthawks, I had trouble seeing the chops. Very skillfully done!

Michael NightTime said...

haha,
just noticed. Chops/chops. clever. u figure that before?