2.25.2008

Photoshop Chopfest

So I have been known to dabble in a little Photoshopping now and again. Nothing serious, I know how to control it, but I do like to keep my chopping muscles in shape. Also, the wonderful woot.com has a casual chop contest every weekend, so I have a weekly supply of chopping themes.

Along those lines, it seems that a blog wherein I record the haphazard results of the garbled mess sloshing around in my brain is the perfect place to share these little distractions. Also, if you have any ideas on a given theme -- and by "you" I mean, of course, all zero (0) people who read/comment on this blog with any frequency -- then you can help me out! Hooray for communism!

This week's theme: "Branding Irony": Put a corporate logo on a natural or man-made wonder. And make it funny somehow.

The results:









Liberty Bell Atlantic
Liberty Bell Atlantic
Full size: 550x550.


Great Wal-Mart of China
Great Wal-Mart Of China
Full size: 400x300.


Little Caesar's Acropolis
Little Caesar's Acropolis
Full size: 450x390.


Taipei Jenga Tower
Taipei Jenga Tower
Full size: 465x585.


Tut's Tupperware Tomb
King Tut's Tupperware Tomb
Full size: 475x355.


The Leaning Tower is in Good Hands
Leaning Tower In Good Hands
Full size: 545x405.


St. Peter's Basilica Kisses
St. Peter's Basilica Kisses
Full size: 400x585.


Inappropriate Vatican Ads
Inappropriate Vatican Ads
Full size: 385x585.


Giant, Green Liberty
Giant, Green Liberty
Full size: 495x585.


Apple Of Eden
Sistine Chapel's Apple Of Eden
Full size: 585x300.


Creation of Man's Modesty
Sistine Chapel's Creation of Man's Modesty
Full size: 585x300.


Victoria Fall's Secret
Victoria Fall's Secret
Full size: 450x340.

[Note: I'm aware that some of these images may be copyrighted, or based on work that was not originally my own. I've already had several images deleted from my hosting site without explanation. They have been rehosted elsewhere.
While I did not get the artists' consent, (though I doubt Michaelangelo would mind), these images are being used for entertainment purposes ONLY. If you are an artist/photog who is offended that I made humorous chops of your work, please let me know and I will remove your image from my blog, hard drive, short-term memory, etc. Harumph.]

2 comments:

Michael NightTime said...

the CW folks pwned ur shit.
besides that, very nice work.

Anonymous said...

hey now, you're mixing your greek and roman stuff with that little caesar's acropolis...tsk tsk ;-)